Everyone I see asks me about neck wrinkles and/or sagging skin on the neck.....What to do?.....
The "gold standard" is a neck lift. If you're not ready for that or can't stand the thought of going under the knife, here are some other options. Note......no one treatment is going to fix the problem and it won't happen overnite. The following tips are good advice on how to help correct AND prevent.
1. Put sunscreen on your neck EVERYDAY. Spring, summer, winter and fall! Sonya Dakar has a new face sunscreen. It's called Microvenom Daily Defense and is SPF 30. It meets the new FDA guidelines for UVA and UVB protection. It is infused with artificial snake venom and apple stem cells to firm and tighten the skin. Since you're going to wear sunscreen everyday, you might as well get those added benefits. It retails for $45 and lasts a long time.
2. Hydrate your skin. Your neck will need a richer moisturizer than your face. Use it twice a day. EVERYDAY. We've got several at Sei Bella that I like and they aren't expensive.
3. Use an anti-wrinkle cream on your neck EVERY night. If you're like me, you're already putting one on your face so just run your hands down your neck with the same cream. I prefer the Jan Marini age intervention line.
4. Tretinoin......Comes as a 0.025%, .05%, or .1% concentration. Names you may be familiar with incliude Retin-A, Tazorac, or Renova. It is one of the best things on the market to stimulate cell turnover and diminish wrinkles. You have to acclimate to it and you may have some peeling at first.You will be more sun sensitive in the areas you apply it so you only use it a night and you have to put sunscreen on EVERYDAY. We have all three strengths at Sei Bella. They are $66, $76 or $86 depending on strength.
5. Consider Microdermabrasion. This procedure buffs away the top layers of skin to reveal fresher, younger-looking skin below. There really isn't any downtime. You may need a series of treatments a few months apart. Remember, I said the wrinkly, saggy neck won't be fixed overnite. Each session is around $75.
6. Drink 64-84 oz of water EVERYDAY. Don't like water? Then pop some Arbonne fizzy tablets in there. We have pomegranate, and citrus flavors at Sei Bella. You MUST stay hydrated. EVERYDAY.
7. Eat raw fruits and veggies. Lay off the processed food. Your skin needs the Vitamins A, C, E and K that are in fresh foods. Plus your waist, thighs and hips will thank you for getting off the processed food.
8. Keep your chin up! If you hang your head down toward your chest all the time, you are going to form permanent creases. Besides, it's bad posture and your neck doesn't like the strain of being pulled down all the time. Elevate your computer screen. Prop your elbows on pillows when you read. Don't sleep on so many pillows that keep your neck bent.
9. Other non surgical procedures.....Lipo-Ex which is covered extensively on my webpage www.annetrussellmd.com and other areas on this blog. It's painless, needless and requires no anesthesia. It stimulates collagen production and helps with volume loss as well if your neck is a little thicker than you would like. We also have DermaFrac which you can read about on my website as well. It injects collagen building peptides between the dermis and epidermis layers of the skin. There is no bleeding, no bruising and no pain. Finally, there is IPL (intense pulsed light). This type of laser can remove the sun damage and age spots from your neck and overtime helps regenerate collagen.
As you can see there are many things available to help with the wrinkly, saggy neck, but as I stressed above, you MUST be consistent and do what you can EVERYDAY. Give us a call and let us help you....